- Has there been something that changed my life in a positive way?
- Have I become a different person from one event?
- What did I learn from this one important experience?
- Who was affected by this event?
- How can I use these learned lessons and apply them to my life now?
- How will I use these lessons in college?
Brainstorming Your Personal Statement
- What am I passionate about?
- What motivates me?
- What influences my life choices?
- Why are my passions important to me?
- Where did my passions originate from?
- How will I implement my passions in my college experience?
- What are my hobbies?
- Why did I pick these hobbies?
- Where did I pick these hobbies up?
- How important are my hobbies to my daily life?
- How do I plan to use these hobbies in my future? In college?
- How have my hobbies influenced other aspect of my life, if at all?
- Where is my family from?
- What education level do my parents have?
- How important is my family to my decision to go to college?
- What has my family taught me?
- Is my family traditional or do I have a unique household?
- Do I always agree with my parents’ beliefs?
- What’s my main point of my personal statement?
- What am I trying to tell my admissions reader?
- Is my personal statement an accurate representation of who I am?
- How can I let my reader know more about my intentions for this essay?
- What do I want to be doing after college?
- Who do I want to be in the future?
- What kind of career do I want to pursue?
- What have I been doing now to secure this career later?
- Why am I pursuing this dream?
- How have my aspirations motivated me?
- What obstacles have I faced before?
- How have I overcome these struggles?
- Will I still face these obstacles in college?
- How have these stuggles influenced me becoming the person I am today?
- Have these struggles discouraged or encouraged me?
- What responsibilities do I have at home? At school? At work?
- Do I enjoy having these responsibilities?
- Will I continue having these responsibilities in college?
- Do my responsibilities involve anyone I love?
- How have these responsibilities influenced my decision to go to college?