- What kind of scholarships and loans do they offer?
- How helpful and responsive is their financial aid office?
- What does the typical financial aid package from them look like?
Resources & Faculty
Where to Look
Guiding Questions for Researching Colleges
- Do they offer a program or major that aligns with your interests?
- Which fields of study is the school most known for? STEM? Humanities and Arts?
- Which fields of study are most popular with other students?
- What kind of other students attend this school? Are they competitive or laid-back?
- How diverse is the student population? What about the faculty and staff?
- Is the school competitive or welcoming?
- Does the school offer community centers or student associations for groups you identify with (e.g. ethnicities, religion, etc.)?
- What other types of communities or clubs are there on campus?
- Are you thinking of commuting there or living on-campus?
- What type of housing options do they offer students (e.g. dorms, apartments, Greek system, etc.)?
- What kind of area is it located in? Is it a town? City?
- What are the local businesses like?
- Are there nearby stores such as Target or public transportation stops?
- What kind of resources do they offer students?
- Are there tutoring centers or additional academic help available?
- Are there any mental health services available?
- Do they offer options such as health insurance to students?
- What kind of relationships do students tend to have with their professors?
- Visit for an in-person tour (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Explore the school’s website
- The school’s financial aid office
- Reach out to students already attending the school for their experiences
- collegefactual.com for specific stats related to the school such as rank or faculty diversity